I Left Nigeria Rich, Returned Miserable – Returnee - Caesarscircuit.com

Caesarscircuit.com

CAESARSCIRCUIT.COM is an online love website dedicated to the optimal delivery of love teachings and proffering solutions to love problems.CAESARSCIRCUIT majors on love and its entirety. It sometimes share stories on health and lifestyles.

Monday 18 June 2018

I Left Nigeria Rich, Returned Miserable – Returnee


A returnee, who was recently evacuated from Libya by the International Organisation for Migration, has appealed to the Edo State Government for assistance to enable him start his life afresh.

The returnee, who gave his name as Osama from the Orhionmwon area of the state, told Southern City News that he raised N800,000 to travel to Europe, through Libya.

But the experience for him in the desert was unthinkable as six of his friends died as a result of the hot weather condition during the torturous journey.

He explained, “I left Nigeria in May, 2017. I spent about N800,000. I got the money from my sisters. I told them that I was going to France to start a better life, to start making shoes.

“I was a shoemaker before I left Nigeria and I had a store. It was difficult. Some people died there (Libya) but I thank God that I am still alive.

“I lost eight of my friends in Libya. Six of them died in the desert because of the heat from the sun. There was no shade to cover us and water, so, they lost their strength and died.”

The returnee noted that though he earned an income as a worker in a hotel in Libya, he returned home empty and sad.

“My parents knew when I left and they gave me their blessing. I worked in a hotel in Libya and earned 500 dinars per day.

“If I have another opportunity, I would like to go to France by air. I am not happy that I am back but there is nothing I can do. I am a youth and I left because I did not have a job.

“So, if the government can help me with a job that would be good because I came back with nothing. I left Nigeria as a rich person but came back miserable,” he said.

No comments:

Post a Comment