Cardi B defends ‘Girls’ collaboration, which has been blasted as ‘tone-deaf' - Caesarscircuit.com

Caesarscircuit.com

CAESARSCIRCUIT.COM is an online love website dedicated to the optimal delivery of love teachings and proffering solutions to love problems.CAESARSCIRCUIT majors on love and its entirety. It sometimes share stories on health and lifestyles.

Wednesday 16 May 2018

Cardi B defends ‘Girls’ collaboration, which has been blasted as ‘tone-deaf'


NEW YORK DAILY NEWS
Cardi B said she, Rita Ora, Bebe Rexha and Charlie XCX didn’t have “bad intentions” with their controversial song “Girls.” (Kevin Winter/Getty Images for Coachella)
Cardi B returned to Twitter to defend her new song.
"Girls," a collaboration with Rita Ora, Bebe Rexha and Charlie XCX, has been called out as "dangerous" to the LGBTQ+ community. Some, including singers Kehlani and Kayley Kiyoko, said the lyrics included "awkward slurs, quotes and moments" and came out "tone-deaf."
Cardi B disagreed.
"We never try to cause harm or had bad intentions with the song. I personally myself had experiences with other women...with a lot of women!" the Bronx native tweeted Tuesday.
"I thought the song was a good song and I remember my experience (sic)."
"Girls," which was released May 11, includes lyrics about wanting to "kiss girls, girls girls" and graphic sexual descriptions.
Amid backlash, Ora, who called it a bisexual anthem, apologized and said that the lyrics came from her personal experiences.
"'Girls' was written to represent my truth and is an accurate account of a very real and honest experience in my life. I have had romantic relationships with women and men throughout my life and this is my personal journey," she wrote in a statement on Twitter Monday.
"I am sorry how I expressed myself in my song has hurt anyone. I would never intentionally cause harm to other LGBTQ+ people or anyone."
Cardi B also issued an apology Tuesday after an old video of her using a slur for gay women resurfaced online.
"I know I have used words before that I wasn't aware that they are offensive to the LGBT community. I apologize for that," she tweeted. "Not everybody knows the correct 'terms' to use. I learned and I stopped using it."

No comments:

Post a Comment