Two wounded in Austin explosion after string of deadly bombings - Caesarscircuit.com

Caesarscircuit.com

CAESARSCIRCUIT.COM is an online love website dedicated to the optimal delivery of love teachings and proffering solutions to love problems.CAESARSCIRCUIT majors on love and its entirety. It sometimes share stories on health and lifestyles.

Monday, 19 March 2018

Two wounded in Austin explosion after string of deadly bombings


An officer puts his hand to his face while maintaining a perimeter near the site of an explosion Sunday night in Austin.  (TAMIR KALIFA/REUTERS)
A possible tripwire blast that wounded two men in Austin, Tex., Sunday night may be the fourth explosive device linked to a serial bomber terrorizing the city, according to police.
After reports of another explosion, this time in a suburban neighborhood southwest of the city, first responders found two men with serious injuries. The victims, both in their 20s, were hurt in the 8:30 p.m. blast on Dawn Song Dr., near Eagle Feather Dr., officials said.
Both are expected to survive.
One neighbor recalled hearing what “sounded like a car backfire,” according to the Austin Statesman newspaper.
Police dogs and their handlers deploy at the scene of the explosion in southwest Austin. (NICK WAGNER/AP)
Austin’s interim Police Chief Brian Manley said early Monday that a tripwire may have been detonated the device on the side of the road as the victims approached with their bikes.
He went before TV cameras during a hastened press conference early Monday to warn people about the trigger device.
Despite the difference in placement, and the possible use of a tripwire, investigators are working “under the belief” that the latest bombing is linked to three prior explosions that have claimed the lives of two people since March 2.
A map shows at least three Austin bombings believed to be related, and a fourth explosion that wounded two people Sunday night .
The chief told neighbors near the explosion to stay inside until dawn, while investigators continue to comb through the blast site.
“What we have right now is a scene where it is obvious an explosion has taken place,” Manley told reporters at an earlier press conference.
He said a backpack found near the site of the explosion was also being searched as suspicious.
Authorities gather at the scene of an explosion in southwest Austin on Sunday. (TAMIR KALIFA/REUTERS)
The fourth bomb probe comes within hours of Austin police demanding that the culprit behind a string of explosive packages surrender to authorities.
A 17-year-old boy died last week while opening a package he found on his porch. A 39-year-old man was also killed when the package on his porch detonated.
A reward of $150,000 has been issued for information that leads to the suspect's arrest.  

- ny news 

No comments:

Post a Comment